Depending on your needs, the layout of your home, and your budget, you can figure out how to choose the best brand of Air Conditioner for your home. Typically, you can pick the brand from any of the three categories – Window AC, Split AC, and Portable AC
A Window AC, as the name implies, is a single unit that is mounted on a window. A split air conditioner contains two units: one outside your home that comprises the compressor and condenser units, and one inside on a wall that has the blower. A Portable AC isn’t mounted in a specific location and can be moved from one room to another. If you live in a rented apartment, this one is for you.
Before you start shopping for the best brand, take a look at the tips you should keep in mind to choose the best one you’ve ever had.
Tips to keep things in Mind before Buying Air Conditioner
The following tips will help you find the best AirConditioner for your home use. So let’s get started discussing one by one.
1. Check the cooling Capacity
Any household air conditioner's cooling capacity is measured in BTUs (British Thermal Units). It simply refers to how much heat the AC can remove from the air in a certain amount of time. This figure is directly linked to the cooling capability of any air conditioner. It is critical to get the correct match for your room.
If the BTU for your room is too low, the AC will not be able to cool it adequately, and if the capacity is too high, the room will be cooled quickly without any dehumidification.
See the AC cooling capacity table to find the best fit for your room:
2. Look for energy Efficiency
Buying an energy-efficient AC has become crucial in today's world, where power bills are rising as swiftly as mercury levels. the (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) provides standardized energy efficiency ratings in the form of stars to assist you in determining how good an appliance is in terms of energy efficiency. A rating of 5-star is the best, it means that the AC will offer you tremendous savings on your electricity bill. So, make it a point to pick an AC with at least 3-star, if not 5.
additional features to Consider before Buying an AC
Additional features will tell you what you need to check out while shopping for an air conditioner for home use.
1. Auto Start
When there is a power outage, and then the power is restored, some air conditioners do not restart on their own. When the power is restored, air conditioners with the Auto Start feature will restart and return to the temperature you had set before the power outage.
While all air conditioners control humidity levels while cooling a room, some also have a dehumidification feature that reduces humidity in the room. If you live in an area with uncomfortably high humidity, this feature is essential.
3. Swing inFour Directions
Most air conditioners include a two-way swing for dispersing air in the room. While it doesn't make a significant difference in the effectiveness of the AC is cooling the room, it does improve the perception of cooling as air passes by you every few seconds. Some air conditioners have a four-way swing, which means they can disperse air horizontally and vertically, making it easier to adjust the airflow of the AC more precisely. This is an important feature to have if you want to direct airflow to a specific area of the room.
4. Timer forSleep
The sleep timer feature can be used to turn off the air conditioner after a set amount of time, lowering power bills. It certainly reduces the inconvenience of waking up in the middle of the night and turning off the air conditioner.
5. Wi-FiConnectivity, App Control, and Smart Features
Some high-end air conditioners now include smart features such as Wi-Fi (or Bluetooth) connectivity. These features enable ACsto to be linked to your smartphone or online service, allowing you to control the AC even when you are not in the room or at home. You can even control the air conditioner with voice commands via the voice assistant on your smartphone or smart speaker (Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri).
You can also program the air conditioner to turn on automatically when certain conditions are met. For example, you can program the air conditioner to turn on when you arrive home, ensuring that the room is already at the temperature you prefer by the time you arrive. Such features, however, differ depending on the brand and price category. If you want your new air conditioner to have such smart features, look for models that are Alexa, Google Assistant, or HomeKit compatible and that have a companion smartphone app for both Android and iOS.
6. Turbo Mode
This feature is known by a different marketing name in most brands. Turning on this feature causes the air conditioner to run at full capacity to cool the room faster, but it also consumes more power. However, you may need to use it from time to time.
What Are the Most Trusted AC Brands Available In India?
Some of the most notable brands in India are as follows:
1. Daikin: This Japanese company is well-known in India for its split AC manufacture.
2. Blue Star: All Blue Star air conditioners are equipped with the most advanced cooling technologies. All of their air conditioning equipment provide outstanding performance while also lowering electricity expenditures.
3. Carrier: Carrier Midea is one of India's leading air conditioning firms. They have a manufacturing facility in Haryana.
4. Haier: For many years, this Chinese corporation has dominated the home appliances and electronics markets. They produce washing machines, cellphones, refrigerators, air conditioners, and televisions.
5. Voltas: Voltas is unquestionably one of the best manufacturers of split and window air conditioners in India. This brand is a collaboration between Volkart and Tata, and their air conditioners include the best-specialized cooling technologies.
6. LG: LG is a South Korean company that is the second-largest TV manufacturer. They have massive collections of air conditioners, washing machines, and refrigerators.
7. Hitachi: Hitachi incorporates new technologies into their air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and LCD projectors. They provide some of the most energy-efficient air conditioner models in India.
8. Onida: This is one of India's most well-known television brands. Apart from televisions, this India-based company offers a diverse range of items such as air conditioners, microwave ovens, and washing machines.
9. O General:O General is one of Japan's leading air conditioning companies. ETA Generalmarkets and manufactures its air conditioners in India.
Most individuals prefer AC manufacturers with which they have prior familiarity in other electrical areas. Consider a variety of factors before selecting an air conditioning brand in India. If you have a large budget, look for brands that use specialized cooling technology. You can also choose from any of the brands. However, we advise against purchasing low-cost brand air conditioners with no star rating. Although it may now be less expensive, you will have to pay a hefty electricity bill for the duration of your use of an air conditioner.